LAN Ethernet Cable Tester (LAN Quicker 009)
This cable tester is designed to troubleshoot RJ45 LAN cables, both UTP and STP. It not only tells you if the cable passes or fails the test, it indicates which pins fail and whether they are open, shorted, or crossed. This allows you to easily see if the cable is your problem and what you need to do to fix it, if it is.
The tester has two basic testing modes: Auto and Step.
In auto mode it makes a single pass over the cable and gives a result. It shows whether the cable passed or failed and, if it failed, the type of failure (open, short, or cross) and the affected pins/wires.
In step mode the tester steps through each wire independently with each press of the Test button. This allows you to get detailed results for a cable that may have multiple types of failures. For example, you can see that pin 1 is open, pins 2 and 3 are crossed, and that pin 4 is shorted.
WARNING!!! Do not test live circuits as it could cause damage to the tester unit or personal injury
- Can test RJ45/UTP, RJ45/STP cabling.
- OPEN, SHORT and CROSS test function.
- Full LED indication Lights / LED indicator on both main unit and remote unit.
- Beep sound warning.
- Step/Auto select function.
- Low battery indication / Auto power off.
- 1x LAN Quicker 009
- 1x Remote Terminator (attached to the Master unit)
- 1x 9 volt alkaline battery
- 1x Zippered nylon belt pouch